"My name is ....and this week I have been addicted to a book called....."
Readers Anonymous is an innovative pupil-led reading and discussion group that, quite simply, aims to encourage reading for enjoyment!
If you are already an avid reader - or a reluctant reader – or if you just want to be more involved in school life - then join us!
With increased funding and even further commitment from the staff involved, including various teachers from the English Department, we are excited for what each year will bring: meeting authors, reading the latest releases, practising and entering the famous KIDS LIT QUIZ, updating our twitter feed, creating vlogs and reviews.
When is it on?
Dates and details are all available on the Readers Anonymous SHOWBIE account. Ask your English teacher for the SHOWBIE code. Regular texts are sent to parents with key dates as well. Generally, we meet between 4 and 6 times per term, in the library, from 3.30pm – 4:15pm.
What do I do to join?
Just collect a permission slip from your English teacher or download it from the SHOWBIE course. Bring your completed slip along to a meeting and enjoy the company of other like-minded pupils.
What do you do at RA?
- Read. You don't have to like every book; you read at your own pace, choosing books that appeal to you - but you will be encouraged to take a risk and read something different!
- Discuss and chat informally about reading.
- Drink hot chocolate and get to know people.
- Update Library displays.
- Create vlogs about books and authors.
- Tweet and review films that have been based on books.
- Help make decisions what new books should go on our shelves.
- Have first pick of all the new books before they go on the shelves!
- Work together to promote reading in our school.
What are the benefits to me?
- Lovely new books!
- Books that you can help pick and get into the school library for other readers!
- Friends, hot chocolate, fun!
- Trips to meet authors!
- Become a representative or supporter at the KIDS LIT QUIZ!
Get first in line to become a Library Assistant when you reach Sixth Form!